Monday, June 21, 2010

Chinwo Eyes Euro Move Next Season

Heartland’s utility player, Kennedy Chinwo, could be set to leave the Nigerian top-flight side for a club in Europe after he has received a number of offers from modest clubs on that continent.
Chinwo is believed to have one certain contract from a club based in Lithuania in the waiting as well as other undisclosed offers from unnamed European countries.
The 24-year-old defender hinted that he is considering all of the options at his disposal before making a decision on which one to settle for.
“I am not in a hurry to go to a club in Europe because I have been there before. It will be good for my career to move abroad but I am looking at the offers that I have alongside my manager. I don’t want to just pick a club and go to Europe because I want to play there,” he told Naijaligue.blogspot.com recently.
But the former Sheriff Tiraspol man is more concerned with helping his club, Heartland in finishing well in the domestic campaign and is expecting to play a big role in the CAF Champions League group stage when it kicks off next month on the continent.
“For now I am concentrating on playing for Heartland. I want to help my club finish well in the league though we are not in a position to win it now. But we can still finish in a respectable position and that is what I aim for my team now. Also I hope that I will play in the Champions League too,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment