Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Inah to complete move to Sunshine Stars

Right wing back Ofem Inah of Enyimba is close to completing a switch from the Nigeria Premier League (NPL) champions to rivals, Sunshine Stars, in a matter of days.
The former Akwa United man told SuperSport.com from the camp of Sunshine Stars in Ijebu-Ode that he has held successful talks with the club officials and will complete his move soon.
The pacy wing back also expressed satisfaction with the terms offered him by the Premier League side and said he is ready to don the colours of the club next season.
“I am in Ijebu-Ode right now,” he told SuperSport.com on Monday night. “I have discussed with Sunshine Stars and I like the terms they have offered me and I am willing to stay here (in Ijebu-Ode) and play for them next season.”
On his reason for leaving the Peoples Elephant after playing a big role in their title triumph last season, Inah said he wanted a change of base and club.
He added that joining Sunshine Stars will be a new challenge for him.
“I have played for two seasons with Enyimba and I am happy with the way I was treated there. I won an FA Cup with them and then the league last season, which is good. But I just felt it is time for me to move to a new challenge, a new club and a new base. So that’s why I want to play for Sunshine Stars,” he said.
The player, however, hopes that he will be able to reproduce the form that helped Enyimba become champions last season in the Premier League with Sunshine Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment