Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ofoedu trains with Rosenborg BK


Enugu Rangers' leading scorer, Chikeluba Ofoedu (pictured) on Tuesday took part in his first training session with Norwegian side, Rosenborg BK.

Ofoedu, 19, arrived in Trondheim on Monday afternoon to start trials with the Norwegian top flight outfit.

It was a light training session with the Rosenborg BK for Ofoedu, who is a first-timer in Europe.

Ofoedu also spoke of his first training session at the club.

"It went very well. Great players and coaches, and I was very happy on my first practice," Ofoedu told the club's official website.

On arrival, Ofoedu had to put up with long-term friend, John Chibuike.

Ofoedu, who has scored ten goals this term in the Nigeria Premier League (NPL), is happy to reunite with Chibuike, a former Enugu Rangers' player.

He also hopes the presence of his countryman will help him settle in and impress Rosenborg BK officials.

"It was a long journey, but I had a good night of sleep in John's place," said Ofoedu.

"It's very nice to have John here because I know him. I am wondering what will happen in the next few weeks.

"My goal is to play at Lerkendal and become a part of Rosenborg family."

Chibuike believes Ofoedu's style of play will suit Rosenborg BK and can win him a contract as well.

"We have known each other for a long time and I always take with me a suit or football (for him) when I go home to Nigeria.

"He is the type of player who will fit in here. He can run. He's strong. He creates chances and scores goals. If he works hard and believes in himself, he can do it," said Chibuike.

The teenage striker is expected to train with Rosenborg BK for the next two weeks, SuperSport.com can report.

No comments:

Post a Comment