Saturday, May 17, 2014

Ekwuruibe out of Nembe clash

Photo: Goal.com
By Legheri Onyamom

El-Kanemi Warriors striker, Ndubuisi Ekwuruibe, will not play any part in Sunday's Glo Premier League tie against Nembe City at the Krisdera Hotel Stadium, Omoku.

The former Enyimba and Kaduna United striker injured his ankle against Dolphins on Wednesday and has not trained with the team since then.

Ekwuruibe said he would return to action latest by next weekend.

"I hurt my ankle towards the end of our game with Dolphins and did not travel with the team to Omoku," he told Supersport.com.

"The pain was so severe that I couldn't train with the team before they departed for the Nembe game.

"However, I don't think it is a serious injury that would keep me out for a lengthy period.

"The pain has reduced considerably and I feel I could be ready for next weekend’s game.”

Ekwuruibe is confident his teammates would go ahead to beat Nembe City without him in the Week 13 clash.

"It doesn't matter whether I'm there or not, I know we are going to Omoku for the maximum points.

"We have always played well in away games, but have not been lucky enough to win.

"We know the importance of away points. So, we'll be praying for better luck in this game.

"Nembe City are bottom of the log, but they were able to win last week.

"We have prepared for a tough game and hope to celebrate our first away win of the season," he said.

El-Kanemi Warriors are in ninth position in the Glo Premier League table with 16 points from 12 games.

No comments:

Post a Comment