Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Enyimba, Kano Pillars Battle For NPL Top Scorer

Two former winners of the Nigeria Premier League (NPL), Enyimba and Kano Pillars, could be locked in a battle for last season’s top scorer in the league, Akarandut Orok. The Akwa United marksman has also been linked with several clubs outside of the shores of Nigeria, but Kano Pillars and Enyimba fancy their chances of luring the player to their camps. Daily Independent understands that Orok could turn down a move to Enyimba after he was hurriedly shipped out to Akwa United when he failed to perform at the Aba-based club. If the striker does not get a deal abroad, then Kano Pillars could have a chance to get his services.
“I really appreciate the story that clubs like Enyimba and Kano Pillars are interested in me. I am a former player of Enyimba, from where I joined Akwa United. But all that said, I am concentrating on finishing this season with Akwa United. Mind you, they are not the only clubs that are interested in me because some Nigerian clubs are asking too as well as a number of foreign clubs,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment