Saturday, April 17, 2010

Kano Pillars Is Bigger Than Me – Ahmad Musa

Premier League top scorer, Ahmad Musa, has declared that the impressive form of his club, Kano Pillars, this season has not been all about him.
The teenage striker, who is on duty with the Super Eagles Team B at the ongoing WAFU Nations Cup in Ogun State, said in spite of having scored 15 goals in the current campaign the Kano club can continue to do well without him.
Kano Pillars is currently without Musa and midfielder Solomon Okpako, but it has not reflected on the performance of the side, which defeated Niger Tornadoes last Saturday in Kano two-nil.
Coincidentally, one of the players, Gambo Muhammad, singled out by Musa to shoulder the goal-scoring responsibility in his absence scored his fourth goal of the season while Nafiu Ibrahim sealed the win in the second half against Tornadoes.
“People have said that Kano Pillars is all about me because I have scored more goals than the other players. I don’t think so because all of the players at the club work very hard. Players like Gambo Muhammad, Abdulwasiu Sowemimo, Moses Ogaga, Victor Namo and others are very good players. They have made me look very good too.
“So I don’t accept that Kano Pillars is all about me because the club is bigger than me when you look at the fans, the other players and coaches. But I am happy that I have been able to give my own contribution this season just like other players have done too,” the 17-year-old said in an interview with Naijaligue.blogspot.com.
The former Jos University Teaching Hospital (JUTH) Football Club attacking winger is also confident that Kano Pillars can end the season on a high without his presence.
On his target to set a new goal-scoring record in the league, Musa is still bullish that even though he would miss two or three more games of his table-topping club, he remains upbeat of crossing the 17-goal mark.
But the pacy striker did not stop to say that he can only achieve that mark with the help of his team-mates and coach, Salisu Yusuf.
“Though I will miss two or three league games for Kano Pillars, I can still return to score more than 17 goals this season because I am confident of doing so by God’s grace. But that will depend on if the coach decides to play me in all the remaining games this season as well as the form of the team,” said the Bukuru-born footballer.

No comments:

Post a Comment