Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Okonkwo Set To Dump Bayelsa Utd


The former Under-23 star, Chibuzor Okonkwo, did not hide his ambition that he is keen on moving abroad before the start of the new season. He told Daily Independent that he would be joining a club in central Europe after making it clear that he had played his last game for Bayelsa United against Warri Wolves at the Oleh Township Stadium on June 14 during the past Premier League season. The Olympic medallist did not want to reveal the name of the country or club and even dismissed speculation that he is heading to Israel.
“I think I have played my last game for Bayelsa United,” the former Gabros International Football Club man said frankly. “I am not going to Israel. I will be going to a club in one of the central European nations. For now, I cannot reveal anything until the deal is done.”

No comments:

Post a Comment