Wednesday, September 23, 2009

EXCLUSIVE: I’ve Joined Heartland - Okonkwo


Globacom Premier League side, Heartland Football Club, appears to have masterminded a big coup after Chibuzor Okonkwo declared to Naijaligue.blogspot.com that he has agreed to join the Owerri club.
Okonkwo told Naijaligue.blogspot.com that he would team up with his new club ahead of the new season after helping Bayelsa United in the CAF Confederation Cup.
But the player would not be part of this Sunday’s cracker between Bayelsa United and Heartland FC at the Dan Anyiam Stadium in Owerri.
“I will be leaving Bayelsa United for Heartland after the Confederation Cup. That is the agreement with Heartland. But I will not play in the game between my present club and Heartland on Sunday because they have my papers with them now,” he declared.
An official of Heartland FC confirmed that the deal for Okonkwo was tied while in Ilorin for the Super Four tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment