Monday, October 26, 2009

3SC’s Marksman Returns From Injury

Last season’s leading scorer at Shooting Stars Sports Club (3SC), Timothy Idogbe, could be ready for his first appearance in the Globacom Premier League for his club this season.
Idogbe told Naijaligue.blogspot.com that he has resumed light training since injuring his eye during a pre-season friendly match with another Premier League side, Gateway Football Club, more than a month ago.
But Idogbe is mindful of the fact that his return to the starting line-up would still have to be determined by the coaching crew of the Ibadan club after staying out of competitive football for more than one month.
“I am ready to play for my club again after my injury. It was a bad way to start the season by watching my team play without me and I feel bad about it. But I have resumed training and I am ready to return to the team again when the league resumes. But the coach will determine whether I will return immediately into the team or not,” he told Naijaligue.blogspot.com.
The Shooting Stars’ forward also revealed that having stayed away from the game for more than four weeks, he feels that he is rusty and needs time to catch up with the current squad for this campaign.
Idogbe is grateful for the one-month break that the ongoing FIFA Under-17 World Cup in the country has offered the Globacom Premier League.
“It is difficult playing in a match situation than training on your own. But I am happy to be back and I know that I will need plenty time to recover and be fit and I believe that that can happen before the break ends by God’s grace,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment