Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bosso Defiant On Wikki Future


Former Flying Eagles’ head coach, Ladan Bosso, has expressed confidence that he would still remain in charge of Globacom Premier League side, Wikki Tourists, in spite of being handed a four-match ultimatum by his employer.
In a telephone interview with Naijaligue.blogspot.com, Bosso exuded boldness that his side is capable of overcoming the difficulties that it faced in its first five opening games including the 3-4 capitulation at home to newly-promoted side, Kwara United, before the league went on break for the FIFA Under-17 World Cup.
The 43-year-old coach, however, played down talks that the ultimatum handed him by his employer, Wikki Tourists, could set him on the edge when the Premier League resumes next Wednesday across the country with his side travelling to Zamfara United in a Week Six encounter.
“I believe in one thing that when your employer decides to tell you to sit, it only means that they are concerned that you may be relaxing too much and things are slipping up. But I am in control here (at Wikki Tourists) and I am confident that we will do well when the league starts again and I will remain here for a long time too. I am happy at Wikki Tourists and I want to remain here and take charge of the team because we are capable of winning things.
“The ultimatum given me does not in anyway put me under pressure to do my job because it is just like you working in the office being given a warning to improve on your job output. It doesn’t mean that we have not been doing well, but I believe that it is just a way to warn us to sit up because it will not be an easy task this season,” he said.
As much as Bosso is confident of keeping his job, he is aware that his side would need to avoid defeat in its Week Six game against Zamfara United on November 18 in order to worm his way back into the hearts of his employer and club supporters.
At the same time, Wikki Tourists would face feisty opponents such as Sharks Football Club, Heartland Football Club and Gombe United during Bosso’s four-game trial.
“I know it will not be easy during the games coming up, but we are ready for the task ahead of us. All we need to do is to ensure that we win our games and avoid losing too to give ourselves a good chance. Now, it shouldn’t be about me trying to impress the club but we, as a team, giving our best and getting results, which I believe we are capable of doing.
“The break has given us the opportunity to work on areas that we have found ourselves lacking and when the league starts again, I can assure that Wikki will be a different side from the one that you saw before we went on break for the Under-17 World Cup,” Bosso told Naijaligue.blogspot.com.
However, Bosso, did not want to comment on the working relationship between himself and the management of the club, as he believes that it is not meant for public consumption.
“I don’t think we need to talk about that here because I don’t have any problem with them,” he quipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment