Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Former Top Scorer Wins First Title At Sfaxien

Last season’s top scorer in the Nigeria Premier League (NPL), Akarandut Orok, has won his first trophy with Tunisian club, Club Sportif Sfaxien, in less than a year since he joined the side.
Orok, a former Akwa United player, told Naijaligue.blogspot.com that his club won the 2009 edition of the North African Cup Winners Cup on December 20 at the Stade Taieb Mhiri in Sfax, Tunisia.
CS Sfaxien defeated Libya’s Ahly Benghazi via the away goals’ rule in the final of the competition for North African clubs.
The Tunisian club drew 1 – 1 in the first leg at the Hugo Chavez Stadium, Benina in Libya on December and played goalless in the return game last Sunday in Sfax and Orok was part of the side in that game.
“I won my first trophy with my team CSS on Deember 20. The match ended a goalless draw in our home but we played 1 – 1 draw in Libya before the grand final in our home town, Sfax. The name of the team we won is called Ahly Bengazi from Libya. My medal is with me now. I am so happy my brother,” he told Naijaligue.blogspot.com from Sfax. 

No comments:

Post a Comment