Wednesday, March 03, 2010

I’m At Rangers To Win Titles – Ezeji

New Enugu Rangers’ striker, Victor Ezeji, has promised that he is joining the side in a bid to win laurels after his failed to tie down a contract with former side, Sharks Football Club.
However, the move for the left-footed forward may be a blessing in disguise following the indefinite suspension slammed on the Blue Angels by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) starting from March 1, 2010.
Ezeji, who has won the Premier League title with Dolphin Football Club and Enyimba, believes his switching to the Flying Antelopes would come with winning trophies.
“I am here to win trophies with Rangers. This is a side with a lot of history and I remember when I was young that Rangers was one of the teams that was popular back then and it is a honour to join this side. For me, I want to make my mark with the club whenever I get my chance to play for the side this season,” Ezeji told Naijaligue.blogspot.com.
The former Club Africain striker also doused insinuation that he joined Enugu Rangers solely for the financial side of the deal since it was reported that troubled Sharks FC decided to slash his contract believed to worth more than N5 million per annum.
Ezeji, however, did not want to be drawn into reasons for leaving Sharks FC, a club that is yet to win any trophy in the domestic scene of Nigerian football.
“Well I am happy with the way things went while I was at Sharks though it is still painful that I could not win a trophy with the club. The club was close to winning a trophy last season when we lost in the FA Cup final to Enyimba. But Sharks was my former club and now I am part of Rangers and life will need to go on. I had very good memories at Sharks and I will not forget the way they accepted me after returning to the country from Tunisia but in football, you can never tell which team you would be playing the next moment because if you’re hot, you will be in hot demand.
“At the same time, I would like to clear one aspect of my reasons for joining Rangers. I have read and heard that I joined Rangers because they readily accepted to pay my huge wage bill, which Sharks could not. But I must say that I have joined Rangers for football reasons and I am ready to do my best for Rangers to make sure that we win trophies this season,” he said.
Ezeji also expressed happiness with the organized set-up in the camp of the Flying Antelopes and is confident that the Enugu-based side is capable of ending its trophy drought of 26 years this season.
“Rangers is a big club in Nigeria because of its history. From what I have seen here (at Rangers) I am confident that the club can win something this season. It has been a long time since a trophy was won and this should be that season to break that jinx,” he concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment