Sunday, September 05, 2010

Udeh dumps Rangers for Heartland

Midfielder Damien Udeh has hinted that he has no plans to return to Enugu Rangers for next season’s campaign in the Premier League.
Udeh moved to rival side, Heartland Football Club, after he was slammed an indefinite suspension by the Flying Antelopes.
Udeh told the official website of the Nigeria Premier League (NPL) that he will not return to Enugu in spite of pleas from the management of Rangers.
 “How can I go back to Enugu to play for Rangers after all they did to me? For no just cause, they went on a media blitz just to rubbish my hard earned name. That I said that I was not in the right frame of mind to take a penalty in our semi-final loss to Kaduna United in the Federation Cup (FA Cup) was the crime I committed to earn an immediate sanction and eviction from the team’s camp within 12 hours. It was very pathetic and I don’t wish to go through such harrowing experiences again in my career,” said the midfielder bitterly.
Udeh scored six goals for Rangers  last season and now believes that return to former club, Heartland, is the best option for him.
 “I believe that if I had a bad record with Heartland in my first time here, they will not have opened their doors to receive me in my time of distress,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment