Saturday, October 30, 2010

Showemimo unhappy over Eagles exclusion

Kano Pillars’ centre-back, Abdulwasiu Showemimo, has expressed sadness over being left out of the trip to Tehran for the international friendly between the Super Eagles and their Iran counterparts on November 17.
The former Gateway Football Club man also added that reports suggesting that he is currently nursing an injury are untrue.
“I am not injured at all,” the 22-year-old Kano Pillars’ defence ace told late Friday. “And I heard that I have been dropped from the national team. I am not happy about it but I cannot do anything.”
He said he will concentrate on the new Premier League season with his club in helping them win the title after Enyimba edged them last season.
“I’ll just concentrate on playing for my team, Kano Pillars, in the league and try to help them win the league,” he said.
Asked if he had been informed about his exclusion from the trip to Tehran, Showemimo said interim head coach, Austin Eguavoen, had called him from Belgium on Thursday but he missed his call since he had gone to training with his Premier League side.
He said the Eagles’ coach later sent him a text message saying the player should call him.
Showemimo said attempts to call Eguavoen were unfruitful, as the telephone line did not connect.
But the Kano Pillars’ man got a call from the team secretary, Dayo Enebi, on the development.
“One man, Dayo, called me from the NFF to tell me that it was a mistake that they said I was injured and blamed the media officer for it. He didn’t say about the coach dropping me. But I will just concentrate on playing for Kano Pillars,” he said.
Showemimo has been replaced by the national team selectors for the Iran game by VVV-Venlo’s Alex Nkume.
Head coach of Kano Pillars, Salisu Yusuf, also confirmed that Showemimo is not nursing any injury.
“He is fit and not injured,” said Yusuf.

No comments:

Post a Comment