Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Why I Took Union Bank Job - Nwosu

Former Golden Eaglets’ head coach, Henry Nwosu, has explained that his mission at National Amateur Division side, Union Bank Football Club, is to return it to the professional ranks.
In a telephone interview with naijaligue.blogspot.com, Nwosu admitted that it would be a difficult task to achieve but he said he knows the amateur ranks having played at that level once as a schoolboy.
“The amateur league is the most difficult league to play in. This is because everyone wants to impress the big clubs in the professional leagues so that they can get an invitation to move up and play for one of the big clubs. But I have taken the Union Bank job because I know that the management have faith in my ability and believe that I can help the side return to the National Division I (League),” he said.
The former Nigeria international disclosed that he has enlisted the cooperation of the club’s management in ensuring that it makes an immediate return to the Nigeria National League (NNL) also known as the National Division I League after the Lagos-based club was relegated last season.
He also stated that he is not under pressure in handling the club when the new season gets underway in the amateur ranks.

No comments:

Post a Comment