Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dolphins’ midfielder out for six weeks


Nigeria Premier League (NPL) leaders, Dolphins, will be without one of their midfielders, Daddy Maurice, for the next six weeks following the ankle injury he is currently nursing.
Maurice did not travel with the Dolphins’ contingent for the Week 20 clash with league holders, Enyimba, billed to hold on Wednesday in Aba.
The midfielder suffered a fracture in his ankle during a training session with his teammates a fortnight ago.
After undergoing a scan last week to ascertain the extent of the injury, it was revealed that he suffered a fractured ankle and will be out for six weeks.
The player told SuperSport.com of his frustration to sit out for the next six weeks on the sidelines due to the injury.
He also revealed how he cupped the injury a fortnight ago during a training session at the Liberation Stadium in Port Harcourt.
Maurice said: “I won’t be playing for six weeks and that is not what I bargained for. But what can I do about it? After a scan on the leg last week I was told that I will stay away from football for six weeks. The injury came as I tried to make a quick turn with the ball. So I think I twisted my ankle and I felt a sharp pain after that.”
But it is not all gloom for the Dolphins’ man, as the team doctor has told him that he will have to undergo another scan after four weeks to know how his fractured ankle is healing.
Maurice hopes he will be ready to return to action within the stipulated period of six weeks projected for the injury to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment