Thursday, July 25, 2013

Gambo out for six weeks

Source: Futaa.com
By Johnson Abudu

Kano Pillars striker, Gambo Mohammed (pictured), has been sidelined with a hamstring injury for the next six weeks.


Nigeria head coach, Stephen Keshi, told Naijaligue.blogspot.com their trip to Abidjan in the Ivory Coast for the decisive leg of the 2014 African Nations Championship (Chan) qualifier that the striker had to be left out.

“It is unfortunate that Gambo will not be part of the trip to Abidjan. He is a key player for us but now he is injured due to no fault of his own. This happens to players every time and I had to excuse him so that he can recover in time as he has at least four to six weeks to recover,” said Keshi.

Keshi has now turned to other strikers in the team in the absence of Gambo. Nigeria have Warri Wolves’ Oghenekaro Etebo, Alhaji Gero and Ifeanyi Ede for the tie against the Elephants of Ivory Coast.

Gambo is gutted that injury has knocked him out of the decisive leg of the 2014 Chan qualifier.


“I am not happy at all. I really want to be part of the team. But the coach has told me that he had to leave me out so that I can recover well from my injury,” Gambo told Naijaligue.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment