Sunday, July 21, 2013

Okpotu to play last game for Lobi

Striker Anthony Okpotu (pictured) could make a last appearance for Lobi Stars in their Glo Premier League game against Akwa United on Sunday.


Okpotu is expected to leave for Libya where he inked a two-and-a-half years contract with Al Ittihad in June.

But the striker is still available to feature for Lobi Stars in the Premier League for one last time and wants to help the Makurdi club win the full points.

He admitted that though he is "happy and sad" to leave the Nigerian club for Libya but acknowledged that he has no choice than to move on.

"I want to help my home team while I still have the time to win this game before I leave next week. I'm happy and sad at the same time. I'll miss everyone at Lobi Stars but I have to move on. That's life for footballers. This minute you're here and the next minute you're packing your bags and leaving for another place," Okpotu said to supersport.com on Saturday.


Okpotu will now be unavailable for the Makurdi club starting with their Federation Cup round of 16 clash with ABS in Minna on July 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment