Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunshine's Ocheje out for two weeks

Source: KickOffNigeria.com
Sunshine Stars will be without their first-choice goalkeeper, Moses Ocheje (pictured), for the next two weeks due to an injury.


Ocheje suffered a bruised shin in hi club's 0-2 loss at Gombe United on August 4.

After visits to a hospital in Akure, base of Sunshine Stars, the former Lobi Stars custodian has been told he cannot play competitive football for the next 14 days.

"I sustained the injury in our last game against Gombe United which we unfortunately lost. I injured my shin and after visiting the doctor, he said I need to rest my leg for two weeks to allow the injury heal," Ocheje said to supersport.com as he ruled himself out for two weeks.

Ocheje will miss Sunshine Stars' home game against Dolphins in the league this Sunday.

But he is confident his teammates will get the job done just as they secured a point in the reverse fixture in Port Harcourt in March this year.

"I'll miss Sunday's match because of the injury but my teammates will do a good job, I'm very confident of that. We were able to play them to a 1-1 draw when we first met this season. So I believe we will win this even without me in goal," said Ocheje confidently.


Henry Ayodele could be named in place of Ocheje for Sunday's clash with Dolphins.

No comments:

Post a Comment