Friday, January 17, 2014

Amutu eyes impressive out with Wolves

Source: MTNFootball.com
Warri Wolves striker, Augustine Amutu (pictured), has declared that he is looking forward to winning trophies and individual honours when the 2013/14 season gets underway.

Amutu is one of 33 players of Warri Wolves currently in a pre-season camping exercise in Sagamu.

The former Mighty Jets man wants to see Wolves better last season's performance in which they finished as Federation Cup finalists and in seventh position in the Glo Premier League.

"My aim for this season is to do well more than last season. I'll like to see the team win something this time since we'll be taking part in the league, the Federation Cup and the Caf Confederation Cup. I believe there is a possibility of even winning all three trophies too because we have very good players in our team and a very good coach too.

"Personally I'll like to end up as the season's highest goal scorer but I can't say if this number of goals will do or not. Winning it will just be okay for me," said Amutu to Naijaligue.blogspot.com.

However, Amutu will find competition for a starting place at Warri Wolves tougher when the season kicks off next month with the like Oghenekaro Etebo, Joseph Osadiaye, Kelvin Itoya, Freedom Omofoman, Daddy Bazuaye, Brendan Ogbu, Stanley Dimgba and Josiah Maduabuchi in the team.

But the striker is unmoved by the attacking options available and said he is full of self-belief for the coming campaign.

"It is good we have all these good players in the team now. For me, I believe in my abilities as a footballer. At the same time I know I have to work hard and pray to God. But the competition (for starting places) will be good for the team," said Amutu.

Warri Wolves, who are billed to feature in a pre-season tournament in Abuja later this month alongside Kano Pillars, Enyimba and Bayelsa United, will stay in Sagamu as part of their pre-season programme for the next one week.

No comments:

Post a Comment