Friday, April 04, 2014

Okpokwu plans to outpace Sharks

Dolphins new signing, Ebube Okpokwu [pictured left], is ready to play his role in Saturday's Garden City Derby against Sharks.

But Okpokwu knows he will have to be at his best to be called up by Dolphins head coach, Stanley Eguma for the second derby in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) this season to help see off Sharks.

“I understand that the club already has strikers they have depended on in the past so I need to take my time, impress the coaches before I get a regular run in so I am not in a hurry.

“By the time I played against Crown it was late in the game so there was little I could do, but if I get the chance against Sharks I am sure I will score,” Okpokwu said.

Okpokwu is confident Dolphins will follow in the footsteps of Abia Warriors who won the first derby of this season at Enyimba by defeating Sharks on the road.

The former Abia Comets striker is ready to use his "strength, pace, goal scoring instincts and hold up play" to help Dolphins this term.

“Remember, Abia Warriors beat Enyimba last week in the derby? I think we will do the same in this one against Sharks.

“I have qualities like strength, pace, goal scoring instincts and hold up play that will help my team achieve their targets for the season," he said.

Okpokwu joined Dolphins from El-Kanemi Warriors and has made just one appearance so far against Crown FC as a substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment