Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Onobi out for three weeks


Photo: Shengolpixs
Sunshine Stars midfielder Paul Onobi [pictured middle] has been ruled out for two to three weeks from Glo Premier League action.

Onobi sustained a nasty shin injury last Saturday against Dolphins at the Sharks Stadium during a challenge with Isiaka Olawale.

Initially it was believed Onobi could be out for the season with a broken leg, but after an examination by a doctor it was confirmed that the player only suffered a deep cut with no contact made to his bone around the shin area of his right leg.

"I thank God it's not such a serious injury. The doctor told me it's a deep cut. It's a flesh injury in fact. No contact was made to the bone, and so I'll be out for two to three weeks," he told supersport.com.

The former Enyimba man also disclosed that Dolphins midfielder Olawale, who inflicted the injury, had called to apologise for his act.

"He called me later to check on me and sympathise with me. He told me how sorry he was and that he never set out to injure me intentionally or otherwise. I've accepted his apology as he's a true professional," said Onobi to supersport.com.

Onobi will now miss the games against Enugu Rangers, Warri Wolves and Abia Warriors and could likely make a competitive return for the clash against FC Taraba.

No comments:

Post a Comment