Thursday, May 01, 2014

Ezeji explains Kano Pillars no-show

Nigerian league legend, Victor Ezeji (pictured), has told Supersport.com that the lure of continental football and harsh weather in the north stopped him from joining Kano Pillars.

Ezeji was close to sealing a move to the Glo Premier League champions in the off-season before the deal fell through.

The former Dolphins and Sharks striker has now offered an explanation on why his attempt to join the Nigerian champions did not materialise.

"The period I was there they kept telling me we will negotiate today, tomorrow, until I left Kano for my dad's burial and by that time they were already out of the Champions League. The weather was also not favourable because I was going to play for a northern team for the very first time in my entire career. I left (Kano) on permission and they said when I come back we can negotiate.

"In my entire career I have not said anything and refute it, but just to put the record straight I never told any one that it was security issues that made me not to play for Pillars. I believe the northerners also love football even more than we do so there won't be any reason for anyone to say I left because of insecurity in the north.

"Kano Pillars is a great team that I respect because of their achievements and I cannot say that kind of a thing about the club," Ezeji told Supersport.com.

Ezeji played for Enyimba last season and he has said he will soon join another club for this season's campaign.

"I've not made any decision about joining any club yet. There are discussions with a few clubs and soon I will know where I will be playing," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment