Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Predictor runs rule on big clash

Kaduna will be the city to play hosts to this match day's monster clash between two former champions in the Glo Premier League.
There will also be key matches in Enugu, Jalingo and Warri.

This Saturday from 5pm CAT (4pm Nigerian time), the match between Bayelsa United and Heartland will be live on SuperSport 9.

The Warri Wolves versus Nasarawa United clash is also live on SuperSport Select (5pm CAT) on Sunday.




Saturday, May 31, 2014

Giwa FC v Nembe City (Rwang Pam Stadium)
Kadiri Ikhana will make his home debut with Giwa FC since becoming their head coach this week. His first game in charge ended 0-2 at El-Kanemi and his team are shades ahead of City in my opinion despite being newcomers.

City still remain in bottom place and I don't see them escaping defeat in Jos, where the Elephant have made sure of earning the full points in recent matches even against established opponents.

My prediction: 2-0


Dolphins v Lobi Stars (Liberation Stadium)
Two seasons ago, I watched Lobi won this same fixture 2-0 and deservedly too. But their squad this season do not come close to that side of 2012. Dolphins, on the other hand, have not gone into full steam yet and I am wondering if they will do after 16 rounds of matches or when they will do.

But for this match, Stanley Eguma has got Emem Eduok, who is capable of winning matches, with his darting runs off and on the ball. It is not going to be easy pickings for Dolphins but they will get the job done on Lobi.

My prediction: 3-1


Bayelsa United v Heartland (Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium)
This is first of the two live games for this match day. I have looked up the standings and the two teams sit just above the bottom four. I'm sure one of them will drop into the bottom four after this match and for me, the team that look like falling into the drop zone are. Heartland.

It's going to be some contest in Benin City between these two teams but I'm going for Bayelsa United to edge this.

My prediction: 3-2


Sunday, June 1, 2014

FC Taraba v Sharks (Jolly Nyame Stadium)
This looks like a David and Goliath contest. I think FC Taraba are capable of putting spanners in the works of Sharks, who are going for an unbeaten run of 11 matches. I've seen big teams like Enyimba, Enugu Rangers, Bayelsa United and Heartland fail in Jalingo.

But I just sense that Sharks would do enough to avoid defeat as they have got the playing personnel like Christian Pyagbara, Joseph Nathaniel, Ibrahim Ajani, Kelly Kester and Yinka Adedeji to stay unbeaten and top of the pile.

My prediction: 1-1


Sunshine Stars v El-Kanemi Warriors (Akure Stadium)
I know for sure that Sunshine Stars head coach, Henry Abiodun, is a man under pressure. After the 0-2 loss at Kaduna United on Thursday, Sunshine Stars need to win to save Abiodun the trouble of a management decision in the coming days.

I'm sure El-Kanemi will sense that they have a chance of getting a result in Akure where Sunshine Stars have always managed to win this season. But despite the pressure on Sunshine Stars ahead of this match I expect them to replicate the same result of last season when the two sides met in this same game.

My prediction: 1-0


Abia Warriors v Gombe United (Umuahia Township Stadium)
For Gombe United, it is five consecutive matches without a win. But under the guidance of assistant coach, Gideon David, the Savannah Scorpions will look to be inspired by their recent 3-3 result at Rangers.

However, Abia Warriors with a number of stars like Bishop Onyeudo, Peter Onyekachi, Ifeanyi Onyeali, Dafe Omonigho and Osas Idehen should win this. But I expect the duo of Haruna Babalo and Adamu Mohammed to figure.

My prediction: 2-1


Enugu Rangers v Kaduna United (Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium)
Both teams have found themselves in the bottom four. I'm certain Rangers faithful will be awfully disappointed with their team's recent performances. Rangers like Kaduna United are now in positions that they need to start winning matches.

Rangers were out-of-sorts at Nasarawa United where they slumped to a two-nil defeat but I do not think Kaduna United should give them any worries. The Crocodiles have been one of the teams with a poor away record this term.

My prediction: 2-0


Akwa United v Crown FC (Uyo Township Stadium)
There is no doubt that Akwa United have had a run of five games in which they have won only a match. I do not know where Crown's goal will come from as they have failed to score in all seven of their away matches this season.

Akwa United are expected to be without influential defender Nnamso Edo who suffered a muscle problem in their 0-1 loss against Heartland. But that should not affect The Promise Keepers from defeating Crown.

My prediction: 1-0


Kano Pillars v Enyimba (Ahmadu Bello Stadium)
I am sure a lot of people will agree with me that this is the big game of this match day. Enyimba will still remember how Mannir Ubale's late goal in this same fixture in Lokoja last season all but ended their quest for a seventh title.

The two teams started the season on a slow note but have since stepped up a notch. Enyimba are third in the standings and Pillars are in sixth place. There will not be any shortage of talent on the pitch this Sunday when both teams square up in the 19th head-to-head meeting in the Premier League era.

Pillars are no doubt playing away from home in Kaduna but will still enjoy the advantage of their 12th man. I do not expect Enyimba to bend.

My prediction: 1-1


Warri Wolves v Nasarawa United (Warri City Stadium)
Wolves are still struggling to find the right mix in their squad in spite of their expensively assembled squad. Their head coach, Paul Aigbogun, has picked and chopped his starting line-up often due to poor form, suspensions and tactical switch.

Now I'm sure Aigbogun knows that they cannot afford to drop points anymore at home as they face second-placed Nasarawa United live on SuperSport Select on Sunday. It is not going to be a big scoreline as I expect Nasarawa United to have bodies behind the ball though that will not help their cause against a side that boast of Gbolahan Salami and Stanley Dimgba.

My prediction: 1-0

•The Predictor came up with six correct results including two perfect scores on Match Day 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment