Friday, July 31, 2009

I’m Too Big To Apply For Tornadoes’ Job - Bosso

Former Flying Eagles’ head coach, Ladan Bosso, has denied reports that he had sent in an application to become the new head coach of Niger Tornadoes and believes a coach of his calibre is too big to apply for a job in the Premier League.

In a telephone interview from Bauchi, Bosso, who is head coach at another Premier League side, Wikki Tourists, pointed out that his current job is secured and he could not have wanted to leave the club.

He explained that after handling the Flying Eagles in the past three years before he was relieved of his appointment in May this year, he believes that his curriculum vitae is rich enough to attract a straight appointment from Premier League clubs including Niger Tornadoes.

Bosso even queried why he would want to join Tornadoes since it did not even qualify for one of the continental club competitions for next year.

The tough-talking coach also cleared the air that at no point had he told anyone that he wanted to quit Wikki Tourists for Niger Tornadoes.

“I have read and heard this (that I applied for a job in Niger State to handle Niger Tornadoes). Since my attention was called to that report I was not happy. Why would I apply for a job when I know I have done well with the national team before I left this year and I have returned to Wikki to my position as technical adviser.

“I respect the achievement of Niger Tornadoes last season but I have never told anyone that I want to leave Wikki Tourists because I have made up mind to remain here for a long time to come. The management at Wikki Tourists have been very supportive and they have a vision of building a team that would become one of the competing sides in the Premier League in future.

“My stay at Wikki Tourists is going to be a long-term one and that I have been assured. The management recognises the result of continuity in the game and they know that it is just a matter of time before we get it right in spite of the ups and downs in the past that we have encountered,” he said.

Bosso, 43, also disclosed that he is already looking forward to the 2009/2010 season with Wikki Tourists, which would be his first full season in charge since he took up the Flying Eagles’ job in 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment