Friday, August 07, 2009

Bayelsa Utd’s Teenage Striker Eyes First Team


One of the youth products of Bayelsa United, Michael Andrew, has set his sight on breaking into the senior side of the Nigeria Premier League (NPL) champion next season.
Andrew explained that the existence of quality strikers in the Yenagoa-based outfit may have accounted for his cameo role in Bayelsa United’s winning campaign last season.
“I was fit throughout last season. I believe that as a young player, the coaches must have wanted me to join the senior side in order to learn. For now, I just need to go back and add more focus and seriousness to my game before the start of the new season.
“When I came to the senior team I met some very good strikers in the side including those you have mentioned and I must say that it has been difficult to break into the first eleven proper. But I am ready to wait for my time. I know I will start playing soon in the first team by God’s grace and by hard work too,” Andrew said.
The teenage striker, who scored just twice in a handful of appearances for his club picked his goal against Kano Pillars as his best last season.
“My goal against Kano Pillars was my best last season because I think they are a big club,” he told naijaligue.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment