Sunday, August 02, 2009

Heartland FC’s Chibambo Returns To Owerri

Heartland Football Club’s Zambian striker, Signswonder Chibambo, has finally returned to his team’s camp in Owerri after several weeks of boycotting the side over unpaid salaries.
Saturday Independent understands that the Zambian international arrived in the country last Tuesday afternoon and headed straight to the camp of the Naze Millionaires in Owerri.
Few days ago, the player, who can play from the midfielder, told our correspondent from his country in Zambia where he had gone to see his wife and newborn child that he would not return to Nigeria after Heartland FC failed to keep to contractual agreement.
“I am not happy with the way they have treated me. I told them that I wanted my money so that I can return home to take care of my family especially now that my wife just gave birth to our child. But as I talk to you, I am yet to get any money from them and they have left me with no option than to look for another team to play for,” threatened the Zambian forward then.
But when our correspondent spoke to the player last Wednesday morning, there was a tinge of excitement in his voice, as he said that the club has paid him his money.
The player disclosed that he is ready to play for the side again and hopes that the management of the club does not owe him again while his contract is still valid.
“I have returned to my team because they have paid me my money. And I hope that they will continue to honour our contract agreement because I am ready to do same. I am happy to be back with Heartland,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment