Saturday, September 05, 2009

Lawal: I Joined Lobi To Bring Glamour To League


Former Super Eagles’ midfielder, Garba Lawal, has opened up on why he decided to lace his boots for Globacom Premier League side, Lobi Stars, in the coming season. Lawal is excited with the prospect of featuring in the Premier League as a player-coach and hopes that he still has the limbs to carry through the coming season. The former Roda JC Kerkrade player believes that playing in the domestic league can lure back football fans to the stadia. “I did promise that when I stop playing in Europe that I will come to Nigeria and play in the league. I have been talking to (Dominic) Iorfa about this for sometime and now I think I am ready to play in the Premier League. I hope that my presence will add glamour to the league by bring the fans to the stadiums,” he simply said. Lawal also pointed out that his choice to play for Lobi Stars has nothing to do with more but to add colour to the Globacom Premier League and help the Makurdi-based side to do well next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment