Monday, December 07, 2009

Sunshine Stars Was Very Physical - Chibambo

Heartland Football Club’s Zambian striker, Signswonder Chibambo, has described last weekend’s goalless encounter with Sunshine Stars in Akure as a physically-demanding game.

Chibambo told Naijaligue.blogspot.com that he found it difficult to express himself throughout the game at the Akure Township Stadium due to the physical nature that the game took.

But the Zambian international is happy that the Naze Millionaires was able to escape Akure with a point after playing with 10 men in the last quarter of the match on Sunday.

“It was a very physical game against Sunshine Stars. And I must say that I didn’t really enjoy myself in that game but I am happy that we got a point against them because they were playing at home and at the same time, we got a red card in the second half. For every time, I touched the ball, I was always kicked by an opponent and I started thinking if it was still football that we were playing.

“At that point, I knew that I had to play safe to afford to getting injured because games like these can lead to injuries. So I had to think fast even before the ball got to me and then know what to do in time before any opponent tackled me,” he said.

Heartland FC’s next game would be next Sunday when it plays host to Kaduna United inside the Dan Anyiam Stadium in Owerri.

The Zambian said he would be looking forward to playing an important role in his side’s quest for its first maximum points in more than 270 minutes of competitive football in the Premier League.

Heartland FC last won a game on November 18 when it played host to Dolphin FC in which the final score ended 1 – 0 in favour of the Naze Millionaires.

Chibambo is also concerned about Heartland FC’s current position on the Premier League log after last week’s goalless draw at Sunshine Stars. The Owerri-based club occupies 17 th position with nine points from eight games.

“Now it is important to win our next game (against Kaduna United) because we need to justify that we are one of the best in Nigeria and also Africa. We are not even in the top 10 on the table and it is not good for us, but I know we will climb up the table soon,” Chibambo told Naijaligue.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment