Saturday, June 05, 2010

I Won’t Celebrate Against Rangers – Efugh

Captain of Heartland Football Club, Chinedu Efugh, has declared that he is ready to make a second return to his former club, Enugu Rangers, this weekend in a Week 35 clash at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium but would not celebrate if he scores in the game.
The games between Enugu Rangers and Heartland is regarded as the oriental derby, and Efugh, who left the Flying Antelopes to join up with the Naze Millionaires knows that he may be up for a hostile reception.
But the skipper of the Owerri-based side is ready for his real first trip to Enugu after last season’s trip to Rangers was played in Nnewi where Heartland won by 3 – 1.
“I am prepared for the game (against my former team, Enugu Rangers). It is always a big game because I have played against Heartland before while I was a Rangers’ player and I know what it means to both clubs to win this game,” started Efugh in an interview with Naijaligue.blogspot.com. “But I will be very professional about this game now, and if I score I will only celebrate normally but I will not do so to anger the Rangers’ fans because they are one of the best supporters in the league.”
Efugh also said he is looking forward to the match-up between the two sides, which would be the 13th meeting in seven seasons in the top-flight.
In the 13 meetings between the two sides since February 5, 2003, the Flying Antelopes has only been able to notch up just three wins against Heartland’s seven wins including when it was known as Iwuanyanwu Nationale.
Rangers’ head coach, Alphonsus Dike, has expressed confidence going into this clash and believes that his side would edge its eternal rival.
“We will win this and go into the top three,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment