Wednesday, November 17, 2010

3SC’s Salami ready to turn new leaf


Salami © Shengolpix
Suspended Shooting Stars Sports Club (3SC) attacking winger, Gbolahan Salami, said he is prepared to become a changed player when he returns for his club in a Week 4 game of the Nigeria Premier League (NPL) away to champions, Enyimba.
The 19-year-old is serving a two-match suspension after he verbally assaulted Sunshine Stars’ head coach, Gbenga Ogunbote, during a Week 1 game of this season.
But Salami told SuperSport.com that he has learnt a lesson from the episode that led to his suspension from the league for two games, which runs out this weekend after his side’s home game to newcomers, Bukola Babes.
“It is difficult for me not to play when the league is on. But I think that is the punishment I get for over doing things. I have learnt from it and next time I will be very careful when I celebrate my goals. Now I am looking forward to playing for my club again,” he said.
Salami, who crossed from rivals, Sunshine Stars, in the off-season, used the opportunity to apologise to fans of Shooting Stars for his misconduct in the Week 1 game.
“I also want to tell supporters of my club that I am sorry for what happened and I hope that I will be back to make them happy again,” said Salami.
The teenage winger also cleared the air on his relationship with the Sunshine Stars’ gaffer saying that he has no ill-feeling towards Ogunbote from his days at Sunshine Stars.
He added that the coach played a key role in his growth at the Stars before he decided to team up with Shooting Stars this season.
“I don’t have any misunderstanding with the coach (Ogunbote). He is like a father to me and I enjoyed playing at Sunshine Stars with him as coach. What happened was just part of the game in which I think I over-celebrated. But he (Ogunbote) is a very good man and I am sorry for what happened on that day,” said the pacy youngster.

No comments:

Post a Comment