Thursday, November 11, 2010

Salami has apologised to me – Ogunbote


Sunshine Stars' head coach, Gbenga Ogunbote, has disclosed that Shooting Stars Sports Club [3SC] striker, Gbolahan Salami, pleaded for forgiveness immediately after last weekend's Week 1 game of the Nigeria Premier League [NPL].
Salami attempted to attack the Sunshine Stars head coach and also used swear words on Ogunbote after his equaliser in Ibadan last Sunday.
The Sunshine Stars gaffer, however, acknowledged that the 19-year-old striker used abusive words on him but refused to disclose the actual words.
"His behaviour was very childish I must say. But he later came with some people to me immediately after the game to beg. He prostrated and said he was sorry for his misbehaviour. What can I do than to accept because we are all humans and I believe that he would have learnt his lessons.
"As for what he said I don't think that matters anymore after he begged me. I hope he learns that discipline goes along with talent," Ogunbote said.
The Sunshine Stars' coach said he has put behind him the Ibadan episode, as he is preparing his side for this weekend's big game against Premier League champions, Enyimba on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment