Thursday, February 03, 2011

Yusuf shuts door on Kano Pillars’ return


Nigeria assistant coach, Salisu Yusuf (pictured), has ended speculations that he will joggle his job as one of the backroom staff of the national team with the previous head coach role he held until January 2011 at Nigeria Premier League (NPL) side, Kano Pillars.
Yusuf told SuperSport.com that he had to take the decision to leave the former Nigerian champions in a bid to take up the assignment with the national team after discussions with the club management.
The former Lobi Stars’ coach also points to the fact that his position he held at Kano Pillars until January has since been occupied by Ladan Bosso.
“I still follow all the games of Kano Pillars in spite of not being part of the team. I can tell you that for now, I am with the national team and will not be with Kano Pillars anymore because it will be difficult doing two of the toughest jobs in Nigerian football at the same time.
“I am also happy that the club management understood when I left that I did so to serve the country in this capacity as an assistant coach. And I am happy that a capable hand in Ladan Bosso was appointed to replace me,” he said.
Yusuf gave the appointment of Bosso in his place a thumb up saying that the former Wikki Tourist is experienced enough to handle Kano Pillars.
“He (Bosso) has handled a number of teams in the Nigerian league. His experience is rich enough and he has international experience having been in charge of the under20 national team in the past. So I believe he can take Kano Pillars to that level, which I have always wanted to see the team because they have a lot of great talent,” Yusuf told SuperSport.com

No comments:

Post a Comment