Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Kwara Utd keeper targets 13 clean sheets

Ahead of the restart of the Nigeria Premier League (NPL), Kwara United goalkeeper, Kazeem Yekeen, has revealed that he is aiming to keep 13 clean sheets from 19 games in the second round.
Yekeen told SuperSport.com that he has been working hard in training as well as individually to improve his goalkeeping skills as the Premier League restart begins on Wednesday.
"Personally I want to make sure that I keep 13 clean sheets in goal for Kwara United in the second round of the league. I just hope that I will be considered for most of the league matches and at the same time I hope I won't suffer injuries. I have worked hard on my own to improve my goalkeeping skills and I will put them to use when the league starts again," said Yekeen.
In the first half of the season, Kwara United kept 10 clean sheets and Yekeen believes that he and his colleagues can improve on that stats.
The goalkeeper added that improving on their defensive duties could be key in finishing as high as possible on the Premier League log at the end of the season.
"We can improve on that 10 clean sheets. I'm targeting 13 clean sheets because I believe it is possible and I hope we will be very tight in defence when the league resumes. I believe that if we defend so well in the second round we might find ourselves competing with the leading teams in the league this season.
"In terms of scoring goals I don't think we have had so much problems but we need to improve in our defending. For example, I remember we defended badly against Bukola Babes and we lost by three-nil and none of us was happy about that," he told SuperSport.com.
Kwara United will restart their league campaign at the Bako Kontagora Stadium in Minna away to Niger Tornadoes.
Kadiri Ikhana's team defeated Tornadoes by 2-0 in the first meeting of the season at the Gateway International Stadium in Sagamu on March 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment