Friday, May 27, 2011

Pillars’ midfielder to return in two weeks


Kano Pillars’ midfielder, Joseph Thompson, could return to Premier League action in a fortnight after spending more than two months on the sidelines due to injury.
Thompson has been injured since March 20 when he played in Kano Pillars’ 0 – 2 loss to Wydad Casablanca of Morocco in Rabat in the playoffs of the 2011 Orange Caf Champions League.
The former Cotonsport Garoua of Cameroon man in the last one week has resumed light workouts in the gym after initially staying away from training due to the severe pains from the knee injury he cupped in Rabat.
Thompson told SuperSport.com that he feels a lot better than in the previous weeks and hopes to return to competitive football in two weeks.
“I think I have a good chance of returning in two weeks. But like the doctor said, I will need to complete my process of rehabilitation to regain my fitness before I can play again in matches for my club. I just pray I do not suffer any relapse and meet that two-week projection,” he told SuperSport.com on Friday.
In the absence of Thompson, the duo of Nasir Ibrahim and Buhari Musa has been handed the opportunity to play in the middle for the former Nigerian champions by their coach, Ladan Bosso, in the Premier League.

No comments:

Post a Comment