Saturday, August 20, 2011

Duo in contention for Juth


James Amankwei and Bright Silas are set to make a return for Juth’s Nigeria Premier League (NPL) game this Sunday at Sunshine Stars.

Amankwei, who is Juth’s top scorer with six goals this term, has recovered from an injury he sustained in their Week 26 game against Kwara United on June 28.

Juth winger, Silas is also back in the team after staying out on the sidelines for two months.

The petite attacking winger said he is back to help his side win their remaining games in this season’s top flight in a bid to keep their Premier League status.

“I am happy that I am back training with the team. I was very sad that I could not play for more than a month, but that is in the past now. I hope to do my best in order to make my team win their remaining games,” he told the club’s website.

Head coach of Juth, Emmanuel Deutsche is happy to have both men back in the side for the trip to Ijebu-Ode, where they will face title-chasing Sunshine Stars.

“They (Amankwei and Silas) are quality players and I am happy to have them back in the team fit and ready to play again. Hopefully we can get a good result in our remaining games,” the Cameroonian coach said.

De-Healers go into this rescheduled match against Sunshine Stars at the Gateway International Stadium as bottom-placed side with 29 points from 33 games.

No comments:

Post a Comment