Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pillars’ defender confirms Dolphins’ deal

Kano Pillars’ centre-back, Abdulwasiu Showemimo has told SuperSport.com that he has agreed in principle to join Nigerian champions, Dolphins for the 2011/2012 season.

The defender revealed that he cannot open up on the details of the deal since it is still in principle.

Showemimo said: “Yes I have agreed to join Dolphins but the deal has not been signed yet. So I cannot say that I am signing for a year or two.”

He further said the chance of playing in the 2012 Caf Champions League was a major factor in agreeing to team up with the Nigeria Premier League (NPL) champions.

“I feel joining Dolphins will offer me the chance to play in the (Caf) Champions League. I played in it with Kano Pillars and we got to the semifinals. So I will be happy to play in the same competition again,” he told SuperSport.com on the eve of Christmas.

Showemimo played for two other Nigerian sides – Zamfara United and Gateway FC – before he joined Kano Pillars in 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment