Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dengo, Ocean Boys part ways


By Humphrey Njoku

Centre-back Ebinipre Dengo has severed ties with NPL side, Ocean Boys.

Dengo was pivotal to the Brass-based side third place finish at the 2011 Federation Cup and one of the pillars that rescued the team from relegation at the end of 2010/2011 session.

He was among the 17 players Ocean Boys dropped at the end of first term of the 2010/2011 season but later recalled to the squad.

The central defender was a regular for the whole first stanza of the 2011/2012 season.

Dengo who cited harsh condition at Ocean Boys as reason for parting ways with them told SuperSport.com that he decided to quit to allow him focus on his career.

"I am no more with them, I've left Ocean Boys. I don't understand what is going on there, the condition is bad and getting worse by the day. It's better I leave now to have time to think of my career," he managed to voice out.

The strong man said he is without a club at the moment but is positive of grabbing another club before the end of the mid-term transfer window next month.

"I am no where now but I have had discussions with few clubs with the aim of lacing boot for them.

"Discussions are ongoing but hopefully before the transfer window ends I should be able to settle down with one of them.

"I've learnt my lesson and will look very well before I leap," he said.

Ocean Boys are second from the rear after 21 weeks with 22 points from a possible 60 and just a point adrift bottom placed Rising Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment