Friday, April 13, 2012

NPL Stars review Eagles Pharaoh game


Chinedu Efugh of Heartland
Following the Super Eagles 2-3 loss to Egypt's Pharaohs in Thursday's international friendly in Dubai, SuperSport.com sought the opinions of a few Nigeria Premier League (NPL) players on Stephen Keshi's building process and the use of a team made of players from the NPL to play the tune-up game as requested by the Egypt FA.

However, the NPL players, who spoke to SuperSport.com agreed on the Super Eagles will still in need some of their foreign-based stars to strengthen the team. Here's the excerpt from the chat with the players:


Jude Aneke (Warri Wolves):
The home boys played well. To me, the result is inconsequential because we are still building a team. The home Eagles lost bravely, and of course to an experienced team like Egypt. Also, we still need some foreign-based players for the purpose of experience.

Victor Ezeji (Sharks):
It was not a bad one at all after all they won in Liberia but I laugh when people say our home-based players played against a more experienced Egyptian side because most of our lads are more talented than the Egyptian team. The difference is that their league is more organised than ours. And some foreign pros that are really hungry to play for Nigeria deserve to be in the team.

Daniel Etor Essien (Niger Tornadoes):
To me I think they tried considering the result though I did not watch the game because I was on my way back from our league match. But it was an outstanding result for the team. No I think the team still need the foreign-based players to mix with the home-based players form a strong team.

Dele Ajiboye (3SC):
Nothing much to say concerning the match. But they really tried their best because they play against very experienced men and not boys. Yes I will like to see a Super Eagles of players from the league here but there's still need for some foreign-based players as well to be part of the team.

Emmanuel Enize (Ocean Boys):
I can say it was a good game from the boys. They need more games to play and I believe they can make the country proud. I also think more players need to be given the chance to play. Football generally is a universal game and I will say the coach (Stephen Keshi) should include Europe-based and home-based players in his team because everybody is important.

Chinedu Efugh (Heartland):
The boys did well. They made the local boys in the Nigerian league proud. Experience matters so much in the game and we need more of the foreign-based players to be part of the team as well.

Festus Umanah (Wikki Tourists):
As for me I will say the result is okay for a start. This is because this is just a new team with a new coach. The level of football in Nigeria has not got to that level to have a Super Eagles team of just NPL players or local-based players. It takes a lot of experience to build a strong team. We need professionals for exposure sake. For the result it was very okay because like I said it is a new team under a new coach and they need time to blend both home and foreign pros to get a better Eagles.

Moses Ogaga (Jigawa Golden Stars):
I'm sure it was a nice game from the look of the result. It shows the home-based are also capable of playing for the national team and doing well. But I still think 80 percent of the team should be from the NPL.

Shehu 'Romario' Abdullahi (Niger Tornadoes):
I'm so impressed with the team though I didn't have the opportunity to watch the game as we were coming back to Minna after our game against Dolphins in Port Harcourt. But a friend told me what really happened in the match. And that's why I am congratulating the players that are involved in the match especially my friend, Sunday Mba for scoring another goal for the Eagles.

It was good representation for the NPL because that means our league is fast growing. I'll agree with a team of home-based players with some foreign-based players too. Zambia's national team are a recent example of what you can achieve with players from the home front.

Gomo Onduku (Sharks):
I watched the match they did fantastically well. I never expected that they would play like that against Egypt. I am happy despite the loss.

Victor Ezema (Warri Wolves):
The result is a surprise to me. Those boys really gave their best despite the loss because the boys played against a good side. Keshi should add some foreign-based players with them because there is still the need for experience in the team.

Victor Namo (Kano Pillars):
Well I did not watch the match but I heard we lost at the last minute of the game. It must have been a good game for the players from what I heard. So I think the result shouldn't be a problem for now because we are building a new team. As for me I will say it will be a good thing to have a team of players from within the country but we also need the experience of the foreign-based players as well. But more attention should be given to the NPL players.

1 comment:

  1. we want more of them in subsequent matches. at least there will be more confidence

    ReplyDelete