Saturday, August 11, 2012

Ezekiel doubtful for Matchday 37


Lobi Stars' defender, Bassey Ezekiel (pictured) remains a major doubt ahead of his side's Matchday 37 tie of the Nigeria Premier League (NPL) against leaders Enugu Rangers.

The left-back missed Lobi's 2-0 win at Dolphins on August 1 owing to an injury leaving head coach, Dominic Iorfa with the option of selecting Iorwuese Utsaha in his absence.

However, Ezekiel has returned to training this week and hopes a late fitness test could hand him a chance to feature in the potential title-decider on Wednesday in Katsina-Ala.

He has also missed the game against Niger Tornadoes.

Ezekiel suffered a cut in head during Lobi's 1-0 win over Sunshine Stars on July 26.

"I've started training again after I suffered a cut close to my eye. The stitches looked out of place so I had to have it looked up again.

"I'm not sure if I'll be in the team for Wednesday's game but I'm working hard to make it," said the defender to SuperSport.com on Saturday.

Ezekiel, who has also played as a centre-back for Lobi Stars this term, has also backed his teammates to go on and win the big clash against Enugu Rangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment