Thursday, May 16, 2013

Namo wants NPFL top scorer gong

Source: SuperSport.com
Nasarawa United forward, Victor Namo (pictured), has told supersport.com he is looking forward to finish this season as top scorer of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL).


Namo has already scored four times for Nasarawa United this term against Nembe City, Lobi Stars and Wikki Tourists.


He is three goals short of the joint leading scorers, Isah Akor of Heartland and Gombe United's Bishop Onyeudo.


"I am eyeing to finish as the top goalscorer this season. I know this is very possible by God's grace and with the help of my teammates and coaches. Also, I've been playing regularly and that is important for any player's career," said Namo.


After netting twice in his team's 2-1 win over Nembe City on Matchday Three, Namo went on the next five matchdays without a goal.


On Matchday Nine, his lone strike salvaged a point for the Solid Miners against Lobi Stars.


Namo returned to his former club, Kano Pillars, on Matchday 10 and fell 0-2 with his teammates. But he said the reception from the Kano fans is reason he got back to scoring ways in Week 11 against Wikki Tourists.


"I am still so happy with the reception I got from the Kano fans in the match we played with them (Kano Pillars) in which we lost.

"After the standing ovation I got from them (the Kano fans) I have got my goalscoring form back and I know my best is yet to come," said the 24-year-old forward.


The ex-Yobe Desert Stars striker is available for selection when Nasarawa United face Bayelsa United at the Samson Siasia Stadium in Yenagoa on Thursday.


The Solid Miners currently sit in sixth position on the NPFL table on 18 points and could climb to second spot behind table-topping Kano Pillars should they win at Bayelsa United.

No comments:

Post a Comment