Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Predictor's big tie is Enyimba, Pillars


I have made the Enyimba versus Kano Pillars game my pick of this matchday as it is the big game despite both team's contrasting form guide so far this term.



Table-topping Kano Pillars are six points ahead of the People's Elephant but somehow that could change this Sunday.


The game between Sunshine Stars and ABS is live on SuperSport 9 from 4pm local time (5pm CAT) on Sunday.


May 12, 2013

Enyimba v Kano Pillars (Enyimba Stadium)

Six-time champions got themselves quite an uplifting goalless draw at Lobi on Wednesday and will be keen to build on it this Sunday against champions and table-toppers, Kano Pillars.


Last season this corresponding fixture ended 2-2. Majority of the playing personnel from that clash are still present. I expect fireworks but Enyimba will take this, as Kano Pillars have often choked in the big games in recent years.

My prediction: 3-1


Sunshine Stars v ABS (Akure Township Stadium; live on SuperSport 9)


ABS usually carry an element of lady luck with them during the live games but in this instance I won't put up a finger for them. Their undoing could be travelling thousands of kilometres to the northeast where they lost 1-4 to El-Kanemi Warriors in mid-week.


Sunshine Stars look in good stead to take this as they continue to push for the top spot. It will end with a slim win though.

My prediction: 2-1


Sharks v 3SC (Sharks Stadium)


3SC have struggled on the road this term - losing all five away games. Sharks have dropped four points at home but not under the era of Gbenga Ogunbote.


Without Gbolahan Salami who orchestrates almost all of 3SC's attack I wonder where the creative spark will come from. Sharks should get their third win of the season but will work for it.

My prediction: 1-0


Heartland v Akwa United (Dan Anyiam Stadium)


Heartland have not lost a top flight game to Akwa United in their last five NPFL clashes. It's going to be a tough Sunday afternoon for Akwa United in the face of Heartland's form guide at home in recent weeks.


As usual, I'll go for Isah Akor to be among the goals if he features. I also look forward to plenty of goals.

My prediction: 4-0


Nasarawa United v Wikki Tourists (Lafia Township Stadium)


Nasarawa United and Wikki have struggled in their last three games picking just a point. But I sense the Tourists will take their first full points on the road going by the nature of their recruitment in playing personnel recently.

My prediction: 0-1


Nembe City v Lobi Stars (Samson Siasia Stadium)


Lobi are unbeaten in three league games now but head to the south-south where they've not enjoyed the best of results in recent times.


Nembe City have blown hot and cold since their opening day win at Heartland but I'll still stick with them taking all points off Lobi.

My prediction: 2-0


Warri Wolves v Dolphins (Warri City Stadium)


Wolves come into this tie after their 0-3 loss at Gombe United. They face a Dolphins side yet to score in five away games.


Last time Dolphins won at Wolves was in April 2004 by a goal when the hosts were known as NPA. Wolves won't miss this chance to see off Dolphins who have done poorly in the big games on the road this term.

My prediction: 3-0


Kaduna United v Gombe United (Kaduna Township Stadium)


If you talk of a team that have gone unnoticed this term, it's Gombe United. They are a side I've known over the past seasons to start strongly but tire out right from the middle of the season. But this season has been different with not such a strong start after five losses on the road - a 100 percent loss in away games.


But will Gombe United find joy in the den of the Crocodiles? For me, it's definitely no as I expect a win for the hosts though they've been very inconsistent themselves.

My prediction: 1-0


Kwara United v El-Kanemi Warriors (Kwara State Stadium)


El-Kanemi's Zachary Baraje is one of the most underrated coaches in the Nigerian league. For me, I think he's got a decent playing personnel right now following a few additions during the recent transfer window. It all depends on how he sets up his side for this game. I think his team can eke out something in Ilorin.


Kwara United have not conceded in the last 180 minutes at home and that's key for them going into this tie. But I envisage a share of the points as they have not been prolific in the final third.

My prediction: 0-0


May 13, 2013

Enugu Rangers v Bayelsa United (Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium)


In eight head-to-head NPFL games, both teams have managed just two wins apiece with the other ties ending in draws. Rangers are very strong at home though they have dropped two points.


I won't look beyond Rangers in this tie but it should be an interesting game. And it's likely Pierre Coly could make a return after having his ban for misconduct lifted.

My prediction: 2-1


*Out of nine games in the last matchday, The Predictor notched up five correct results including just one exact result.

No comments:

Post a Comment