Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Onyeudo to pause celebration

Source: Shengolpixs
By Legheri Onyamom

Bishop Onyeudo (pictured) has revealed he will not celebrate if he scores against Gombe United in their upcoming NPFL Week 28 tie.


Onyeudo moved from Gombe United to Enyimba during the mid-season break after impressing with the Savannah Scorpions in the first round of the league, during which he was their leading scorer with eight goals.

He told supersport.com that he was confident Enyimba would win, but that he left Gombe United on a sound note and would not celebrate if he scores against them.

"I achieved a lot within a short time with Gombe United, and the supporters of the club really took to me," he said.

"I made many good friends among the players and Maurice Cooreman was like a father to all of us. The team thrived on that family spirit.

"I had a great time on the pitch which was what mattered most. I hit my best form after joining them.

"If I hadn't performed well there, then Enyimba might not have shown interest in me, so I will not celebrate scoring against them.

"Gombe United have not had it easy on the road and we will certainly add to their woes by beating them, but I won't be rubbing it in on them."

Onyeudo, however, is convinced he would play a key role in Gombe United's downfall.

"We have a more reliable team than Gombe, and I actually look forward to scoring against my former club.

"We are the overwhelming favourites to win in Aba and we would live up to the expectations.

"There would be no sentiments as we would be going all out to boost our points and goal difference.

"We could beat them by as many as three goals and move back to the top of the table," he told supersport.com.


Enyimba are fifth in the NPFL with 42 points, while Gombe United are sixth on 40 points after 27 rounds of matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment