Saturday, August 10, 2013

Salami rejects bad boy image

By Ojeikere Aikhoje

3SC talisman, Gbolahan Salami has rejected claims that he is a difficult player to work with.


Salami played a significant role when the Daniel Amokachi tutored Super Eagles won the West African Football Union (Wafu) Cup in 2010.

“I think it’s necessary to put things straight because my image is at stake. Nobody could explain why I was suspended since the club granted me permission to be away.

It’s on record that I scored one goal in every round of the 2013 Federation Cup, which makes me the team’s highest goalscorer. I’ve also scored five goals in the league this term.

“I do my best to fulfill contractual agreement by scoring goals and helping others to score,” Salami, who is also a former under-20 forward, said to supersport.com

The former Mamelodi Sundowns forward equally lamented that he has since become a target of match officials who threaten him on the field.

“People don’t know what I go through during matches. Clubs connive with match officials to upset me so as to ensure I’m sent out during league games. However, I try as much as possible to remain calm and concentrate on the game.

“Defenders even come hard on me and the officials fail to penalise them,” he told supersport.com.

Salami rejoined 3SC from Enyimba due to pressure from fans of the Ibadan side.

No comments:

Post a Comment