Saturday, October 26, 2013

Inyang joins Gombe permanently


By Legheri Onyamom
Asuquo Inyang has confirmed that his loan move to Gombe United has been made permanent.

The former Nembe City winger joined the Savannah Scorpions in the Week 9 transfer window last season on an initial agreement that ought to have expired at the end of the season.

He, however, disclosed that when he inquired about his status from the management at the end of the season, he was surprisingly told the move had been made permanent.

Having made a good impression while on loan, Inyang told supersport.com that he welcomed the decision to stay at the club.

"I had a good time at Gombe United last season and I'm delighted to extend my stay at the club," he said.

"At the end of the season, I was informed by management that they had obtained my clearance from Nembe City.

"It was a bit odd that Nembe City officials kept me in the dark about the move, but I decided to go along with it since I had settled in well here."

He continued: "A couple of our senior players left shortly after my arrival, and a younger, new-look team emerged that completed the season.

"I was an integral part of the side and if the nucleus of the team can be kept together, then we could achieve much more next season."

"We finished in a better position than we did the previous season, so I think the future is bright."

Gombe United finished in seventh place in the recently concluded NPFL season.

No comments:

Post a Comment