Saturday, January 04, 2014

Namo backs Ganaru to fire up Solid Miners

Source: Dan Ikpoyi.
Top scorer in the 2012/13 Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL), Victor Namo (pictured), believes Mohammed Baba Ganaru can help Nasarawa United become one of the title contenders in the coming season.


Baba Ganaru switched from Kano Pillars to Nasarawa United as head coach in the off-season and Namo is confident that his club's new gaffer can turn things around at the Solid Miners in the 2013/14 season.

"I've worked with him in the past when I was a player of Kano Pillars and I know what he is capable of doing. For me, he is one of the best coaches we have right now in the league and he has shown that by winning the Premier League (NPFL) back to back in the past two seasons with Kano Pillars.

"I was part of the Kano Pillars team that won the title in 2012 and I'm very excited that he has joined Nasarawa United for the new season and that for us, is a very big boost because I know he will re-engineer things here. He's very, very hard working and professional too," said Namo to Naijaligue.blogspot.com.

The former Yobe Desert Stars man is however looking forward to an eventful year with Nasarawa United, who have never won a major trophy in the country.

Namo also recognises that he will be a marked man in the coming season after finishing as top scorer in the top flight with 19 goals last term.

"I'm praying and hoping that this coming season will be the best for me and Nasarawa United. I know with God all things are possible but at the same time, we have to work hard to get to the top and be among the top teams next season.

“I know it won't be an easy season after scoring 19 goals. Everyone will be looking at me to see what I'll do next season and other teams won't take it easy on me too. But I'm not under pressure concerning that. My priority is first to help Nasarawa United do well, other things (in the coming season) remain secondary," remarked Namo.


Namo was decorated as the NPFL leading scorer for the 2012/13 season by the League Bloggers Awards (LBA) in Lagos on November 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment