Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Efugh extends stay at Heartland


Chinedu Efugh (pictured in front) has decided to renew his contract at Glo Premier League club, Heartland, Naijaligue.blogspot.com.

The centre-back penned a three-year contract on Tuesday that will keep him at the Naze Millionaires till 2017.

The terms of the contract are undisclosed after Efugh opted out of joining southeast rivals and two-time African champions, Enyimba.

"I've decided to stay back at Heartland and I just signed a three-year contract today. I'm in Owerri to stay after I held talks with the management (of the club) and they offered a deal that I'm satisfied with and that's why I've decided to extend my stay here," the Heartland captain told Naijaligue.blogspot.com on Tuesday.

The Owerri club have already lost the trio of Ikechukwu Ibenegbu, Kingsley Udoh and Abdul Haruna in the off-season to rival clubs in Nigeria's top flight in the wake of a financial hiccup.

But Efugh, popularly referred to as Chicago by his fans, said the club still have a large pool of their players from last season's campaign who can lift them to win trophies.

"A few players have left us but we still have quite a number of the same players who played with us last season. So I believe we still have a strong squad for the coming," Efugh remarked.

Heartland kick off the 2013/14 Glo Premier League season when they play hosts to Dolphins on February 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment