Sunday, March 09, 2014

Onyeudo thrilled to score on Warriors debut


By Legheri Onyamom

Abia Warriors striker, Bishop Onyeudo [pictured] has said he is thrilled to have scored on his league debut for the club against Kaduna United.

Onyeudo came on as a substitute midway through the second half and his late strike sealed a 2-0 win over the Crocodiles in Umuahia.

He maintained he was confident of getting on the score-sheet despite coming off the bench.

"I'm very happy to have scored in my first match for my new club," he told supersport.com.

"I was confident of scoring even though I didn't start the game.

"I'm happy it helped us pick up the maximum points as Kaduna United put up a good fight.

"This is just the beginning. I'm sure there would be many more goals in subsequent games."

Onyeudo, however, insists that the progress of the newly-promoted side is his main concern.

"We're new in the premier league and would like to make a good impression," he said.

"We hope to build on this performance by avoiding defeat in our next game in Maiduguri against El-Kanemi Warriors.

"I have set a target of 20 goals, but it wouldn't matter much if the goals don't reflect positively on our position in the league at the end of the season."

Onyeudo joined Abia Warriors from Enyimba on a free transfer in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment