Thursday, March 27, 2014

Training ground bust-up leads to Sane's ban


Source: KickOffNigeria
Enugu Rangers head coach, John Obuh, has suspended Senegalese defender, Ousmane Pape Sane [pictured] indefinitely.

Sane was suspended following a training ground bust-up with Obuh in which he walked away from Wednesday's training.

Trouble started in Wednesday's training when Sane made a tackle on Sunday Udeagha who looked goal-bound and Obuh blew for a foul and the Senegalese midfielder walked out of the session in anger that he made a clean tackle on the midfielder contrary to his coach's call.

Sane has been told in clear terms to stay away from the team indefinitely for allegedly usurping Obuh's authority as head coach.

The Senegalese could also be ducked his monthly wages for the period under suspension.

Obuh told Naijaligue.blogspot.com that it is not the first time that Sane has been disobedient to the Rangers coaches.

"It is totally out of place to keep an undisciplined player in the team no matter how good he is. While I was away, I was told he acted same way to my assistant (Osmond Ogali) and now he has done same to me.

"As much as he is a good and I've known him from our time at Sharks, so he's not new to the league even if he's a foreigner. There's a way I want my team to play so we can avoid cautions and expulsions as much as possible and that's what I've adopted in training too," said Obuh to Naijaligue.blogspot.com.

Naijaligue.blogspot.com has been informed that Sane has been told to tender an apology to the Rangers manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment