Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Monthly Manager Award Excites Pillars’ Coach



Kano Pillars’ head coach, Salisu Yusuf, has expressed happiness over being awarded with the Manager of the Month Award for January by Naijaligue.blogspot.com and Naijapremierleague.com.
In a telephone interview with Naijaligue.blogspot.com, Yusuf, who re-joined Kano Pillars this season after an uneventful spell at Lobi Stars led to his sack, believes that the award would spur him on to do more at the Kano club.
However, Yusuf does not think he alone should get credit for Kano Pillars’ impressive run in the Premier League since the start of this year.
“When I read about it I was happy to know that I won the award for the month of January. Though there’s nothing to show for it but I am happy that I have been recognized as one of the best in the country and I hope that the organizers would continue to do this to encourage us.
“At the same time, I believe that it was not just myself alone that made this possible because there were a number of factors and people behind this. First the players deserve recommendation for their professional attitude towards the game as well as the coaches. Then the Kano State government, which ensured that we are motivated to do well and the club management, which has continually supported the team and ensured that we get what is due us promptly,” Yusuf said.
Like Oliver Twist, the Kano Pillars’ coach said he would work hard to pick the award for the second consecutive month in February.
Yusuf is also happy that Kano Pillars completed a clean sweep of the award for manager and player in January with Ahmad Musa winning the player’s gong for last month.
The former Lobi Stars’ man is banking on his backroom staff and players to ensure that Kano Pillars repeat another clean sweep in February.
“Every coach will want to win this award every month and I will not rule myself out of it for the month of February. Kano Pillars is doing very well now and I believe we can continue to do well like this till the end of the season. So I am looking forward to winning the award again this month. I am also happy that my player, Ahmad Musa, also won the player’s award for last month and I believe that his current form can make him win it again this month,” he said.
Ahead of Sunday’s game at Ocean Boys, Yusuf said his side would be aiming for an outright win in a bid to topple Enyimba at the top of the Premier League log.

No comments:

Post a Comment